Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 36


Today was our 36 week appointment and sonogram.  Unfortunately, Sydney is stubborn like her parents (yes, both of them) and did not want to pose for the camera so we didn’t even get a picture to bring home L.  She’s measuring around 6 lbs 11 oz (give or take).  They didn’t give us an estimated height though – probably because she’s so squished in there…LOL.  She is facing my spine so her back is to my belly.  She’s also currently in the breech position.  The doctor said that they will have to monitor her position closely at my appointments which are now scheduled once a week.  He didn’t seem too concerned about her positioning but did say that if she doesn’t turn we will have to have a c-section.  Other than that everything seems to be on target.  I’ve not started to progress any so we’ll see what next week’s appointment brings!

Over the weekend I put away alllllll of the stuff from the baby shower (finally) and put away all of her clothes.  Steve helped get the pack-n-play all together and set up.  I got my hospital bag packed with the exception of what I’m going to wear home but I don’t have that many maternity clothes so I’ll just stuff something that’s clean in the bag when it’s time to go.  We picked up a few things that we didn’t get at the shower (like a mattress pad – you know, the boring stuff  J) so all and all I think we are ready.  We would like to get a monitor set but are still researching the best option for that purchase.  We need to put a few things up on the walls of her room and that should be just about totally finished then – hopefully we’ll do that this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment