Friday, August 26, 2011

Home - Week 2

Sydney is 14 days old today!!!

We started off week 2 with a visit to the doctor.  Sydney was constipated (yeah, not the most exciting thing to talk about but hey, it’s part of her news J) so I called and got her an appointment Monday.  And wouldn’t you know it….as soon as we got to the doctor she had a dirty diaper! LOL!  The nurse (who was male) said she was just like a woman – she knew she was going to be getting weighed so she was trying to shed some weight first…hahahaha!!  The doctor said everything was okay and since the only change was switching her formula from the ready-made that we were given at the hospital to the powder version when we got home, we should go back to ready-made and see how that works for her.  Since Sydney has her two week appointment on 8/31/11 that will be a little over a week and we can update the doctor on how she is handling the ready-made formula then.  And speaking of weight, Sydney is already back to her birth weight!   Her umbilical cord stump fell off Monday so we don’t have to worry about that anymore.

We experienced an earthquake Tuesday.  It was crazy!!  Steve and I were watching TV and Sydney was napping in her swing when the house started to shake.  Steve and I looked at each other and both asked if the other had started the washing machine (sometimes on spin cycle it shakes the house).  Once we realized that we hadn’t started the washer, Steve looked outside and saw the power lines moving and said he thought it was an earthquake.  I grabbed Sydney and we ran outside.  I watched Steve’s work truck rock back and forth.  Then it was over.  We don’t have any damage to the house other than a couple surface cracks on the foundation and a few things fell off of shelves in the house but nothing broken or damaged beyond repair.  Now we are preparing for the hurricane to hit….

Sydney had an appointment today for physical therapy for her Torticollis.  The physical therapist gave us some stretching exercises we need to do with her 5-6 times a day and we will go back to physical therapy once a week so they can monitor her progress.  The physical therapist said since she’s so young it’s good that we are starting the exercises now to “retrain” and strengthen her muscles.

I had my 2 week follow up with my doctor today so he could check my incision.  He said everything looked great.  I can drive again but still can’t exercise until after my 6 week follow-up.  He did say that I could go for short walks so after these storms pass, Sydney and I are going to start taking a stroll in the evenings.

In other news…I FINALLY got my feet and ankles back – no more cankles J and I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Steve hasn’t gone back to work yet – he plans to stay home until after the holiday.  I ordered Sydney her first STEELERS jersey so we are ready for football season and Steve got her a Redskin jersey – I guess she can be allowed to wear that…LOL.  And, we finally got Sydney’s newborn pictures from the hospital, here are a couple of them:



No comments:

Post a Comment