Friday, October 7, 2011

8 Weeks old

Since I last blogged Sydney has really started to hold her head up.  If she is sitting on my lap, she’ll hold her head up on her own without any support from my hands.  The really good part about this is that when she holds her head up she holds it in midline.  This means therapy and stretching are doing really well!  Today was her appointment with the pediatric neurosurgeon at VCU in Richmond.  Dr. Tye was extremely nice and said that her large head is the result of familial macrocephaly….meaning both her father and mother have large noggins!  He measured her head circumference as well Steve’s and my head.  Dr. Tye said as long as her soft spot feels normal and her Torticollis doesn’t get worse he doesn’t see any reason to be alarmed about the size of her head and will not need to see her again.  Sydney has literally been checked head-to-toe now!  I’m going to post her “monthly” pictures on or around the 12th of each month so I’ll post a new one next week but here is a picture of her all smiles J

No comments:

Post a Comment