Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 30

Week 30!!!  Only 10 more weeks…eek! Seems like it is sooooo soon but I think we are approaching being ready!  The room is done with the exception of curtains.  I plan to go to the fabric store and get some pink fabric to make curtains and that will break up the green & brown a little bit.  Mom says the colors make her think it’s a boy room but I think once the curtains go up and we get some decorations on the wall it will look more girly.

Yesterday we got a huge surprise.  My mom met an old family friend, Decky Gilkerson, who also used to be my baby sitter and she gave us sooooooooooooooooooo much stuff!  I cannot begin to thank her enough!  This is just some of what she passed on: the bedding set we picked out, the lamp to match the bedding, bottles, clothes, diapers (she made a diaper cake), a high chair, a space saver high chair and much more!  This picture doesn’t show all the clothes but it is a pile of them!  I washed the bedding and made up the crib…and Cardy had to join in J.


Next week is my 31 week appointment and we are planning to go to Nags Head for a few days….trying to get the vacations in while we can.  It will be nice to get away again now that the room is done.  Maybe we’ll use that time to narrow down a name for Baby Girl Basham!  Oh and I think we will bring her home in one of these outfits...


No comments:

Post a Comment